1. The first paragraph of Passage 1 primarily serves to
2. Passage 1 most strongly suggests what about the American struggle against England?
3. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
4. As used in line 5, “resource” most nearly means
Any disturbition or publication of this work or page is illegal
5. Based on Passage 2, Chalmers would most likely agree with what about the British constitution?
6. Which choice provides the best evidence for the answer to the previous question?
7. As used in line 47, “advantageous” most nearly means
8. Which choice identifies a central tension between the two passages?
9. Paine in Passage 1 would most likely characterize the position taken by Chalmers in lines 46-49 in Passage 2 (“In short... one”) as
10. In the context of each passage as a whole, the statements in lines 18-19 (“Nothing . . . argument”) of Passage 1 and lines 46-49 (“In short . . . one”) of Passage 2 primarily function to help each speaker